Schedules and rules
A TYPICAL DAY
- 08:15 Time to wake up. You will get ready and then go down for breakfast. A small group will help feed the horses before breakfast (everyone will get a turn!).
- The campers are divided into groups depending on their levels for the language and riding classes.
- 09:30 Morning riding and language lessons will begin.
- Groups then switch over. Those who rode will go for their language lesson and vice versa.
- 11:00 Snack and Horse time for everyone!!! Depending on the day, we will either play horse games, or assist different workshops (farriery, horse behaviour, grooming…)
- After our fun morning, it is time for a quick wash and change out of our riding clothes into something cool.
- 13:30 Lunch is served!
- After lunch, when the weather is at its hottest, it is time to relax. Campers can choose to participate in various activities. Craftwork activities either in the classroom or down by the river, swimming, games… or maybe just chilling with new friends in the hotel. (Supervised at all times).
- 17:00 Little snack, change into riding gear and everyone is ready for the afternoon classes to begin.
- Again, groups are form for language lesson and riding class.
- After the classes, shower and get ready for dinner
- 21:00 Dinner in the hotel restaurant
- Evening fun time with organized games for those who wish.
- Laughter guaranteed! Bedtime will vary depending on the age of the campers.
RULES OF CONDUCT
Camp rules must be followed to ensure a safe and secure atmosphere especially around the horses. Appropriate behaviour is important to everyone involved and campers must treat staff and fellow campers with respect and consideration at all times.
MOBILE PHONES AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES
Mobile phones or electronic games are permitted but we do strongly advise against bringing them. If campers do bring them, we ask that they be kept in their bedrooms.
The centre will not be responsible for any lost property.
Campers do not need to bring any money. There is nothing to buy in the camp
Medication, if needed, must be handed in on arrival to ensure it is taken correctly.
WHAT TO BRING
Underwear for each day (if needed, we can wash clothes).
Shorts, t-shirts, swimwear, flip-flops, beach towel and sunhat for the river. Trousers and a jumper. Comfortable shoes (pumps or trainers). Socks. Pyjamas. Torch and sleeping bag (for a night under the stars). Toiletries (don’t forget sunscreen).
We also recommend bringing a small rucksack. Those who stay for more than 8 days can have their clothes washed after the first week.
Jodhpurs or comfortable trousers, riding boots, gloves and a riding hat. (Riding hats must be worn at all times when mounted, we have riding hats available to borrow but it is advisable they bring their own).
We recommend that everything is labelled.